Thursday 26 February 2009

UK DIY CRAFT 09

I joined the Manchester Craft Mafia last summer and they have just put up an exhibition on UK DIY Craft at the Turnpike Gallery in Leigh, near Manchester.

My fantastic fibre fiend friend, Inga = rockpoolcandy and I teamed up to come up with something along the lines of 'science and crochet'. And we came up with the similar idea of looking at microbiology, viruses and bacteria.

So off we went to work on our pieces: rockpoolcandy in her gorgeous handspun and dyed yarns, me in my nasty, gaudy acrylics worrying how they will fit together. And here we go, they just do:



And here are some of my pieces closer-up:

This was my first ever installation and I enjoyed every minute of it, met some really interesting and lovely people and it's an experience and a laugh working with Inga the Professional.

The exhibition is on until April 25th.

No comments: